Are you up for another super easy recipe?
Pardon, for another super easy keto friendly recipe?
If so, you will like this article since we’re talking about the delicious cheese chicken broccoli casserole. This tasty dish is keto-friendly since it’s low-carb and, on top of that, it’s not so difficult to prepare.
The recipe you’re going to see today makes 8 serves with 1 serve approximately standing at 250g/9oz. If you’re eating alone you can leave the leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days but you can also freeze it for up to 3 months. It won’t go bad if you do everything within the given timeframe.
Where did we get the inspiration for this meal?
Some people find this combination of ingredients unusual. Chicken and broccoli mixture is not common but some of the most popular cooking magazines started suggesting this meal a while ago.
Upon visiting the grocery store I realized that I should maybe give it a go. I love chicken casseroles and I have a strict low-carb diet. I thought to myself that this could only be good for me and so the story began.
I just don’t like that chicken casseroles are usually made with pasta so I figured that chicken and broccoli could be enough and I wasn’t mistaken. When you only combine these two with cheese you aren’t watering down nutrition from the good stuff and you aren’t filling the meal with carbs.
So, that’s why this recipe is so unique and awesome, it is keto friendly with plenty of chicken and broccoli and still no fillers.
Ingredients you will need
Here’s what you will need for your own delicious keto chicken broccoli casserole:
- 1 pound of broccoli (cut it into florets)
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, meat shredded (700g/ 1.5 lbs)
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese
- A ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- A ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper, ground
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, shredded
- A ¼ cup of fresh basil, chopped
It may look like a long list of ingredients but bear with us because it will be worth it.
Now, let’s go through the preparation process.
- First of all, you need to preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
- Place a saucepan of water over high heat and boil the broccoli florets until al dente. Then drain well and add to a large mixing bowl with the shredded chicken.
- Take a small saucepan, add the cream cheese, cream, almond milk, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper and place over low heat. Then whisk until the sauce gets smooth.
- Now pour the warm sauce into the broccoli and chicken, add the basil and mix.
- Now that you’ve mixed it in with the basil, pour that mixture into a casserole dish and top it with shredded cheese.
- Next up, bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until it’s warmed through and the cheese gets browned.
- Voila, you can serve the dish.
Oh, how I wish I could describe the taste with words. But, that is unfortunately not possible. All I can say is that I enjoyed the meal quite a lot.
The taste of chicken topped by melted cheese but refreshed by broccoli, oh my God, it was just delicious. It’s kind of creamy but not too much and it will make you fill stuffed no matter what. You won’t even notice that it is a keto-friendly meal.
Just make sure that you get fresh broccoli for the best flavor possible. Frozen is okay but fresh is even better.
When it comes to chicken, I used the boneless skinless chicken thighs. I just placed them in some broth and that was it. Of course, I had to simmer them for 15 minutes and then chop them. But, save yourself from that burden and Rotisserie chicken. It will do the trick just fine.
Also, I adore cucumbers so I just washed one, peeled it and put a bit of salt on it. It felt great and refreshing along with the main dish.
Hopefully, you will find this dish as tasty and delicious as I did.
Now, go and do some grocery shopping, prepare it later and leave your words of gratitude here after you finish the meal.